Saturday, March 23, 2013

Project #9: PLN

PLN Progress Report



I love the idea of having a personal learning network (PLN). I am using Symbaloo to manage my network. The student from the video we watched, A 7th Graders PLE, used the same thing. I have Symbaloo set as my homepage. By doing this, anything that I want to access is simply a click away.

My PLN is definitely a work in progress. I am constantly adding new tiles to my webmix. I have already added social media tiles like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc. These I use for both personal and professional purposes. Pandora is strictly personal, but I have to have music in order to function, so there it is! I use Diigo as a bookmarking tool. I like this one because you can highlight certain parts of the pages and add your own side notes as well.

I especially like to add blogs. I, of course, have the class blog, but I’ve also added any blogs that have been assigned and a few I have found on my own. I’ve also added a few pages like StorySpinner. I’ll add a list of them later when I post my final summary. Some of them are quite nifty. StorySpinner randomly selects a starting phrase, a setting, and four words to include. This will be great for short story exercises.

I am really excited about all the new and beneficial things I’m finding. Symbaloo is an awesome way to manage everything. I can wait to further develop my PLN.

No comments:

Post a Comment