Thursday, February 7, 2013

C4T Blog Post #1

Comment #1

For my C4T, I was assigned Connected Principals. My first comment was on ”Be More Interested Than Interesting” posted by Chris Wejr. In his blog he states that he has spent too much time trying to be interesting online and too little on being interested offline. The main thing he wants to do is focus and actually do more. He tries to emphasize that you need to be interested in the things going on around you. I’m sure this includes everything that you are involved in online as well. The main point is exactly his title, be more interested than interesting. Although his personal focus was on doing offline, the general principle is outstanding.

When I commented on this post, outside of introducing myself, I applauded his resolution to be more interested. I agreed with him, and shared my passion for helping and being interested in others. I ended by thanking him and asking if he planned to do a follow-up blog later. I am interested to see what comes from his endeavors.

Comment #2

The second blog from Connected Principals that I commented on was ”The Heart of the Matter” posted by “dkerr”. I was unable to find the author’s full name. This post proposes that we lean towards trying to identify the cause of problems for “underachieving” students. It expresses how often teachers tell their students that they need to try harder or focus more. The post states that we should take a look at our programs, assessment expectations/practices, and the way we generally approach struggling students, and then begin to make changes. The author told us that he had recently read a book called Speaking of Boys by Michael Thompson. I plan to read this, and hope that I find it as amazing and enlightening as the author of this blog post.

When I commented, I introduced my self, and explained that because I am a student in the field of education that I was able to understand this post from the view of both student and teacher. I agreed with the changes the author suggested and commended their level of passion for helping their students and trying to get to “the heart of the matter”. I also told the author that I will be following the blog and, asked if they would be willing to write a follow-up blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment