Sunday, February 24, 2013

Project #10: Finding The Right Tool

My current C4T assignment is Language Journeys, a blog by Elvira Deyamport. She recently suggested a few things to me and one of them was Edmodo. I have done a good bit of research on this tool and can’t wait to use it. I am not entirely positive that this will not be discussed in EDM 31. I have not yet heard about it from this class, and am very intrigued by it.

I plan to teach middle/high school English, so this will be a perfect way to integrate technology into my classroom. There are so many things you can do with Edmodo. One of my favorite things about Edmodo is that it can turn my classroom into a more environmentally friendly one. My students can turn in assignments electronically. I think that this is a good way to keep them excited about English class, and it will also take care of most of the organization for them. Everything will already have a proper place. I’m sure this will save me a few excuses of what happened to assignments. Besides these things, using this site will allow me to be readily available to my students even while they are at home working on individual assignments. The concepts behind using this is brilliant as well. Just by joining in discussions they are utilizing written communication skills, technological skills, interpersonal skills, etc. The list goes on and on.

There is so much to be discussed and shared about Edmodo, but for the sake of length I will simply refer you to some YouTube videos that I found extremely helpful. Jeffery Hollo created a tutorial video for teachers broken down into three parts. Here is the link for part one. Parts two and three will appear at the top of the right hand column of suggested videos. He does a very good job of explaining everything you need to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment